Research Data Canada Steering Committee
The Steering Committee represents the multiple stakeholders with an interest in and a responsibility for some aspect of RDM in Canada. Through the Executive Director, Committees and Working Groups, as well as directly through its own efforts, the SC facilitates:
- effective governance and operations of RDC on behalf of the stakeholder community;
- effective and regular communication to stakeholders, at the institutional and individual level;
- promotion and support of RDC and its activities, and the sharing of plans and strategies for implementing RDM best practices;
- a forum for the exchange of information, knowledge and experience of RDM;
- effective leadership and participation of RDC in RDM activities internationally;
- advice and strategic support to stakeholders.
The RDC SC has the duties, responsibilities and authorities as set out below.
- Advise CANARIE on the appointment and annual review of the Executive Director.
- Provide advice and direction to the RDC Executive Director on:
- best practices, programs, and other activities;
- the development of annual work plans for the Executive Director and Committees;
- communications strategies that strengthen understanding of the value of Canadian research data holdings and RDM in agencies such as the federal government, granting agencies, provincial governments and other research agencies, as well as with researchers, other stakeholders, and the public generally;
- the development and implementation of RDC programs and funding opportunities.
- Ensure an inclusive approach to the involvement of the full stakeholder community in RDC activities, and support and promote stakeholder involvement in the work of RDC.
- Ensure the timely reporting of developments that have a significant and material impact on RDC.
- Identify collaborative opportunities among the stakeholders and with international bodies.
Members at Large
|Jim Ghadbane||The CEO of CANARIE||CANARIE|
|Robbin Tourangeau||Representative of Compute Canada||Compute Canada|
|Bo Wandschneider||A representative from Canadian University Council of Chief Information Officers||CUCCIO|
|Jeff Moon||The Director of the CARL Portage Network||CARL Portage Network|
|Donna Bourne-Tyson||A library director from a research-intensive Canadian university or college||Dalhousie University|
|Matthew Lucas||A senior representative from each of the Tri-Agencies||SSHRC|
|Kevin Fitzgibbons||A senior representative from each of the Tri-Agencies||NSERC|
|Tammy Clifford||A senior representative from each of the Tri-Agencies||CIHR|
|Lucie Loignon||A senior representative of Open Science leadership in the Government of Canada||Environment and Climate Change Canada|
|Paul Wagner||A senior representative of the National Research Council||National Research Council|
|Robert Haché||Vice-President Research & Innovation||York University|
|David Castle||RDC Chair, and Vice-President Research||University of Victoria, and RDC|
|Vincent Lariviére||Senior data intensive researchers||Université de Montréal|
|Tracey Lauriault||Senior data intensive researchers||Carleton University|
|Lesli McIntosh-Borrelli||A senior representative of an international research data management organization||Research Data Alliance (US)|
|TBD||A senior representative from the Leadership Council for Digital Infrastructure||TBD|
|Colette Lacroix||A representative of the Service community||IBM Canada|
|TBD||A representative of the Open Data community||TBD|
|Renata Osika||A representative of the Provincial research funder community||The National Alliance of Provincial Health Research Organizations|
|Xinjie Cui||A representative of the non-profit/NGO research community||PolicyWise for Children and Families|
|Sinead Tuite||A senior representative of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada||Innovation, Science, and Economic Development Canada|
Members represent various areas of expertise relevant to the work of the Committee. Terms are renewable, current term: September 1, 2016 – August 31, 2018
|Mark Leggott||RDC Executive Director||RDC|
|Pam Bjornson||Past Chair of the RDC Steering Committee||National Research Council|
|RDC SINC Committee Co-Chairs||Fisheries and Oceans Canada
University of Prince Edward Island
|TBD||RDC COE Committee Chair||TBD|
|TBD||RDC Policy Committee Chair||TBD|
|TBD||RDC Infrastructure Committee Chair||TBD|